Okay so we went to the concert which was alot of fun. Except: they wouldn't allow cameras to be brought in!!!!!!!!! AHHHH...I love taking pictures and I was determined. So I hid my camera in Kristin's makeup bag and snuck it in!!!! I spent alot of time sneaking taking pictures. 106.9FM radio station gave away these paper fans which came in handy not only to provide cool fan air but to hold up and block my camera while taking pictures...which became Kristin's job. It really was funny trying to take pictures quickly and being on the "lookout" for event staff to walk by!!!
Toots and the Maytals opened up. I"ve never heard of them but they were pretty interesting. It's reggae music and it was pretty catchy stuff. The Toots guy sounded like Sebastian from the Little Mermaid as Kristin said :) HA! She was right.
James Blunt came on next and was completely AWESOME!!! He has such a strong voice and can put on a great show. He's funny and at one point took off from the stage and ran into the audience, up the aisle and across the entire lawn. I wish we would have had lawn seats for that reason only!!! His songs were great and he's such a cutie :)
Sheryl Crow was last to play and she was good too! She played alot of newer stuff. The best part was when James came out again and they sang "The first cut is the deepest" together! It was great!!!! A little side note...she is SUPER skinny seeing her in real life.
So all in all, we had a good time. I wish I would have been able to take better pictures :( Most of them came out blurry since I was taking them fast and once it got dark I had to adjust the setting on the camera to "distance scenery landscape" mode so it wouldn't flash. But some pictures turned out okay and I posted them on myspace. They are under my pics under the Summer '08 album. Which sadly is probably the last pictures that will go under that album!
No comments:
Post a Comment