Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thankful

Thankful...the perfect word that describes my life right now. I could use the word "busy" but I choose to use "thankful." There is so much going on right now but as challenging or stressful as things may seem at times, each thing is a true blessing to me. I know that each thing going on in my life right now has been specifically placed there for a purpose, according to God's will for my life.

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

I cannot even begin to express how true this is. It is something I have learned so much in the last couple of years (sometimes the hard way). I know that God always has my best interest first and he knows what that best interest is even at times when I don't. There have been many situations where I thought I knew what I wanted and have gotten upset/angry/depressed/hurt when things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. But that's just it..it was how I "wanted" them. Not what was necessarily best for me. Although I couldn't see it, God always knows what's ahead and what is to come. If you truly give your heart to Him and put all your trust completely in Him, he WILL show you the plans he has for you. I know that what my God has in store for me is GREATER and BETTER than anything I could have planned for myself :) Greater than anything I could have ever WANTED for myself.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight."

1 comment:

marina said...

Amen!! great post. marina